With spring becoming ever more present, we find ourselves getting busier and busier. Every day seems to be filled with an adventure. This weekend, we managed to get some serious runs in, go to California, and spend a day on the lake.
All of these busy days mean we’ve had to find some techniques that make simple living easy in a busy day.
Right now, one of my favorites is the Clean Eating Banana Nut Muffin. They’re quick to make, easy to travel with, and make the perfect breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 mashed banana
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup milk (or milk substitute)
- ⅓ cup oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with papers.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Scoop the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick can be cleanly removed.
- Allow to cool a few minutes in tin, then transfer to wire cooling racks to finish cooling.
These little guys are packed with nutrients and have provided us with a solid breakfast before many of our Spring adventures. What are some of your favorite springtime activities?