Memorial Day weekend seems to be the indicator for the start of summer.
Smells of BBQ drift through the air.
Cocktails are enjoyed on patios.
Evenings are spent outdoors.
All to let you know summer, and the grilling season, have begun.
Summer grilling isn’t all about the foods being seared over hot coals. It’s also about those tasty bits that accompany those flavorful meats and vegetables to make a true BBQ meal.
But who wants to spend a beautiful, grill perfect day inside preparing the perfect side dishes? I’m guessing no one really. Over here on the ranch, motivation drifts away with the smells of the BBQ, which is why I am sharing this easy 1000 Island Dressing recipe with you.
Nothing is easier than a salad and this dressing can be made ahead, providing you with all the time you need to enjoy blue skies, smoky smells, and good friends.
- 1 cup mayo, preferably homemade
- ¼ chili sauce
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine everything together.
- Refrigerate in an air tight container.
- Serve over crisp cool lettuce.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend everyone. Cheers!