In the past I have used Meatless Mondays to share dinner ideas. But in reality, dinner is not the only meal in the day.
For the month of July, I will be sharing a meatless lunch each Monday. We’re starting with my favorite meatless lunch, Vegetarian Burritos.
- Prepared rice *optional
- Lime juice
- Cilantro, chopped
- Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- Black beans, drained
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- Cabbage, thinly sliced
- Avocado, diced
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Individual foil pieces
- Large airtight container for freezer
- Combine the cilantro, cabbage, jalapeno, radishes, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Lay out each of the remaining ingredients to allow you to assemble a quantity of burritos in an assembly line style. I usually lay things out in the following order: tortillas, beans, cabbage mix, onion, tomato, salsa, avocado, cheese, foil.
- Assemble burritos one at a time adding a serving of each ingredient.
- Wrap the finished burrito in foil. Set aside.
- Assemble the remaining burritos.
- Freeze in an airtight container for up to two months.
- To eat, microwave for 30 seconds- minute.
Don’t know how to fold the burrito without making a mess?
Lay the filled tortilla on the foil.
Fold in both sides.
Fold up the end nearest you and roll until closed.
And to get the foil wrapped neatly around that tasty burrito?