With my photography skills, there is just no way to make a meal from a tupperware container look good.
Every Monday The Homespun Journal shares a meatless meal. Throughout the month of July, we’ll be sharing our favorite meatless lunches. Today, I am sharing with you my personal favorite meatless lunch, The Power Salad.
Much like photographing food in plastic containers, consuming heavy lunches just isn’t my thing. A heavy lunch is a total work day downer- especially on a Monday. They leave me feeling comatose and less than productive.
And since I’ve already aired the fact that I can’t eat large lunches or photograph food from plastic, I may as well share that I also despise packing lunches. To ease my weekly lunch packing pain, I prepare all the toppings for this salad Sunday evening so that evening lunch packing is merely a quick salad assembly.
- 3 cups spring salad mix, I use the prewashed mixes when I’m busy
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ cup shelled edamame, boiled & drain
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 2 T. thinly sliced onion
- 2 T. crumbled feta cheese
- 3 T. seed, use what’s on hand- sesame, flax, etc.
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- Assemble the first seven ingredients in a large travel container.
- Combine the last two ingredients in a small travel container.
- Enjoy the salad topped with vinegar and oil.
Serve with a whole-wheat roll, a piece of fruit, and a cup of tea.
*In the recent summer heat, a travel-ready jar of this sun tea has been the perfect alternative to hot tea:)