Another Monday, another meal!
Every Monday, The Homespun Journal shares a meatless meal. This month, we’re sharing our favorite lunches…since dinner isn’t the only meal in the house.
July’s meatless meals have been a challenge for me. I’m guilty of preparing the same thing for lunch nearly every day. In fact, two years ago, I ate this Power Salad for lunch every day (with the exception of staff lunch days). My lack of creativity is probably due to the fact that lunch preparation is something I don’t care for.
This week I stepped outside my box and have something new to share. Packed with veggies and a flavorful Tzatziki sauce, this wrap is sure to fill and satisfy any day of the week.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 recipe Tzatiki sauce
- 8 pitas
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Crumbled Feta
- Aluminum foil
- Place the chickpeas in a sauce pan, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Once beans come to a boil, remove from heat, drain, and roughly mash. Set aside.
- To assemble, place a small amount of sauce down the center of the pita. Add spinach, mashed beans, tomato, avocado, onion, and crumbled feta.
- Roll together and secure with foil.
- Repeat with the remaining pitas and filling.
- Store all wraps in the refrigerator for up to one week.
These awesome wraps were quick to assemble and are packed with enough nutrients to power you through the longest of afternoons.
What’s on your lunch plate today?