It was my father-in-law’s birthday this past week. -Happy Birthday Chris!- We were lucky enough to be able to surprise him with an early birthday dinner a few weeks ago. A part of his surprise was a book filled with his many words of wisdom.
One of these valued pieces of advice was to “never buy salad dressing”… or something like that, I can’t remember exactly.
At any rate, I couldn’t agree more. I’m typically a creature of habit, dressing my dinner sides with vinegar and oil, but recently I made this clean eating blue cheese dressing and now I can’t stop eating it!
Since mixing this up, I have eaten an over-sized salad every day, which isn’t a bad way to pack in my daily dose of greens.
- Creamy blue cheese
- Olive oil
- Place a dollop of cheese in a small bowl.
- Drizzle with 1-2 T. olive oil.
- Whisk vigorously until most of the cheese breaks down and the oil has turned creamy.
- Drizzle more olive oil as needed and whisk to combine.
- Sprinkle with salt, mix to combine, and serve.
- Serve with mixed greens, topped with finely chopped celery, and thick croutons.
What are your favorite homemade dressings?
I’m always looking for ways to shake up my plate.