Unfortunately, homemade pickled peppers often yield flavorless results with little crunch. In many of the recipes I read, the peppers were over-processed, pouring boiling water over raw peppers and cooking a second time through to seal the jars.
In this recipe, the peppers keep their crunch and they are filled with flavor. They don’t glow green like store bought peppers, but they also don’t have added chemicals.
- 2 pint canning jars
- Pepperoncini Peppers to fill jars
- ⅔ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 t. salt
- Sterilize jars.
- Wash the peppers and set aside.
- Combine the water and vinegar in a sauce pan. Heat until about to boil.
- Add one clove and salt to the bottom of each jar and fill with peppers. (Peppers can be sliced or left whole.)
- Pour heated vinegar and water mix over peppers and add lids.
- Process the jars in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove from water and set to cool until lids seal.
- Refrigerate once open.