Clean Eating Banana Nut Muffins
Author: The Homespun Journal
Recipe type: Bread, Breakfast
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 mashed banana
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup milk (or milk substitute)
- ⅓ cup oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with papers.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Scoop the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick can be cleanly removed.
- Allow to cool a few minutes in tin, then transfer to wire cooling racks to finish cooling.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: 265 Carbohydrates: 16 Sugar: 10 Fiber: 2 Protein: 3
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2012/04/16/clean-eating-banana-nut-muffins/