Whole Wheat No-Knead Bread
Author: The Homespun Journal
Recipe type: Bread
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ t. yeast
- 1¼ t. salt
- 1⅔ cup water
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Add the water and stir until everything is well combined.
- Cover and let sit until bubbly, about 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, turn dough onto well-floured surface and fold onto itself 3 times.
- Let dough rest 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into a ball and place in the center of a well-floured towel. Fold the towel in on the dough and let rise 2 hours.
- Preheat oven and dutch oven to 450 degrees.
- Carefully place dough ball into dutch oven. Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid. Bake 15 minutes more or until a thick crust forms.
- Remove from pot and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2012/05/02/whole-wheat-no-knead-bread-apron-swap/