Perfect Summer Hamburger Buns
Author: The Homespun Journal
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 ¼ cup milk, warmed to about 100 degrees
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ t. yeast
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 t. salt
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Combine the milk, sugar and yeast. Mix well and allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable oil, salt, and flours. Stir with a wooden spoon and eventually with your hands until everything comes together into a uniform dough.
- Allow to rise in a covered, oiled bowl 1 hour.
- Remove from bowl onto a floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions. Roll into small balls and flatten.
- Place onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Cover and allow to rise 1 hour more.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 25- 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve or cool completely and freeze in an airtight container.
Serving size: 1 bun Calories: 200 Carbohydrates: 26 Sugar: 6 Fiber: 2 Protein: 5
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2012/05/26/the-best-summer-hamburger-buns/