Fresh Tomato Basil Bruschetta
Author: The Homespun Journal
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. balsamic
- ¼ of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Baguette, sliced, toasted & drizzled with olive oil
- Parmesan or feta
- Combine the first five ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from a ¼ lemon over everything and mix through.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Stir through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop a portion onto each slice of oil drizzled toast and sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2012/05/28/fresh-tomato-basil-bruschetta/