Refrigerator Zucchini Pickles
- 2 zucchinis, thickly sliced
- ¼ cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 T. salt
- Ice cubes
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 T. mustard seed
- 1 t. fresh dill
- ½ t. celery salt
- ¼ t. turmeric
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Top with ice and allow to sit until ice melts.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Allow vinegar mix to cool to room temperature.
- Drain zucchini, onion, and jalapeno. Transfer to a jar.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the top of the vegetables until covered.
- Store jar in refrigerator.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2012/07/06/refrigerator-zucchini-pickles/