Author: The Homespun Journal
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 recipe Tzatiki sauce
- 8 pitas
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Crumbled Feta
- Aluminum foil
- Place the chickpeas in a sauce pan, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Once beans come to a boil, remove from heat, drain, and roughly mash. Set aside.
- To assemble, place a small amount of sauce down the center of the pita. Add spinach, mashed beans, tomato, avocado, onion, and crumbled feta.
- Roll together and secure with foil.
- Repeat with the remaining pitas and filling.
- Store all wraps in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2012/07/16/mediterranean-wraps-meatless-monday/