Pumpkin Pancakes with Candied Walnuts
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ T. pumpkin spice
- ½ cup carrot, shredded and finely chopped
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin
- ¼ cup water
- Maple syrup
- ½ cup candied walnuts
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine the egg, milk, pumpkin, and water in a small mixing bowl.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry until all the flour bits have been absorbed by the wet ingredients.
- Warm a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 T. butter.
- Add 4 portions batter to the skillet, working to prevent each from running into the next.
- Once the batter begins to bubble on top, flip the cakes . Cook for a minute longer and remove from heat.
- Repeat the process.
- Serve pumpkin pancakes sprinkled with candied walnuts and drizzled with fresh maple syrup.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2012/11/03/pumpkin-pancakes-with-candied-walnuts/