DIY Natural Essential Oil Soap
Author: The Homespun Journal
Recipe type: Home Product
- 40 oz. Grape seed Oil Blend
- 10 oz. Coconut Oil
- 16 oz. Water
- 6.9 oz. Lye
- 1 oz. Tea-tree Oil
- Set aside all of the ingredients and prepare the work stations.
- Measure the water and lye. Combine in a disposable plastic container. Set aside.
- Measure the grape seed and coconut oils. Heat in a stockpot over medium-low heat until combined. Be sure not to allow the oil to exceed 110 degrees.
- Pour the heated oils into the prepared mixing bucket. Carefully pour the lye mixture into the oils.
- Gently mix until the mixture becomes cloudy.
- Once the mixture becomes cloudy, begin to pulse the mixture in bursts with an immersion blender. Slowly begin to blend consistently.
- When the mixture begins to thicken, add the essential oil.
- Continue to blend until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour the mixture into molds.
- Place the molds where they will not be disturbed. Allow them to sit for 3-4 days or until solid.
- Once solid, remove from the molds and allow to rest undisturbed 3-4 days more.
- Cut the soap into bars and allow to rest 1 week more until hardened.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2013/02/03/diy-natural-essential-oil-soap/