Rosemary-Garlic Stuffed Venison
Author: The Homespun Journal
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 deer tenderloin
- 1 generous rosemary sprig
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 shallot minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Slice the loin ¾ through lengthwise.
- Spread the pressed garlic and minced shallot inside the cut and lay the sprig of rosemary on top.
- Close the loin and secure with kitchen twine.
- Warm a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and add the loin to sear on each side, salting and peppering each side to taste as you work.
- Move the skillet to the preheated oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until the thickest portion reaches 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice and serve with baked sweet potatoes and salad.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2013/04/14/rosemary-garlic-stuffed-venison/