Strawberry Vanilla Jam
Author: The Homespun Journal
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled, and cut into large chunks
- ¼ cup water
- 3 ½ cups raw, unrefined sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Place the water and strawberries in an uncovered thick bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Stir to prevent sticking and cook until the berries begin to break down.
- Add the sugar, stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Boil for about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the mix to a light simmer. Simmer uncovered for 22-30 minutes, or until the mixture becomes thick. Do not stir the mixture during this step.
- Add the vanilla extract, stir to combine.
- Remove from heat. Squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon on top, do not stir and allow to rest until cool.
- Portion the jam into clean jars. Process in a water bath for 15 minutes.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2013/05/04/strawberry-vanilla-jam/