Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup raw sugar
- ½ T. molasses
- 1 T. vanilla
- ½ cup ripe banana
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ t. salt
- ¾ t. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Arrange onto baking sheets and press each flat with the prongs of a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes each.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes on the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2013/05/28/vegan-peanut-butter-banana-cookies/