- 3 ½ cups stone ground white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 T. sugar
- ½ t. yeast
- 2 cups water
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and allow to rest overnight in a warm room.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- While it preheats, form the dough into a ball, adding flour if needed. Place the loaf on a bread board brushed with cornmeal until the oven is heated.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the bottom sounds hollow when knocked on.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2013/06/18/free-form-loaf/