Pickled Red Onions
- 1 red onion
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 t. raw sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- Boil a pot of water.
- Slice the onion into rings and place the onions into a colander.
- Once the water begins to boil, pour over the sliced onion.
- Transfer the onion into a jar. Add the thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the vinegar over the onion. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for an hour.
- Refrigerate and enjoy over the next month.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2013/09/14/pickled-red-onion-recipe/