Clean Eating Homemade Biscuits
- 1 stick frozen, unsalted butter, cut into 4 chunks
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 T. baking powder
- 2 c. flour
- ¾ c. sour milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter chunks into the bowl of a food processor fixed with a metal blade (not a dough blade). Process until the butter breaks into small balls.
- Add the dry ingredients. Pulse several times to combine all the ingredients.
- Slowly add the milk while running the food processor. Allow it to run until the dough forms a large ball.
- Remove the dough from the food processor. Roll into a uniform ball and roll out into a large rectangle (roughly 9 x 13 in. sized).
- Fold the rectangle in half along the long side. Roll it out into another rectangle and fold in half again along the long side.
- Roll the dough into a square (roughly 9 x9 in. sized). Use a biscuit cutter or a glass to cut out biscuit rounds.
- Place onto a baking sheet and bake for about 10- 15 minutes (baking time will vary based on biscuit thickness).
- If freezing for later use: Do not bake. Place baking sheet in freezer until biscuits are frozen, and then place frozen biscuits into freezer bag. Frozen biscuits can be baked as suggested above.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2014/01/11/clean-eating-saturday-biscuits/