Perfect Poached Egg
- 1 farm fresh egg
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- Fill your pot with enough water to cover the egg.
- Bring the water to a gentle boil.
- Add the red wine vinegar.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and gently add to the boiling water. Adjust the stove temperature so the water remains at a gentle boil.
- Allow the egg to cook for approximately three minutes.
- Remove the egg from the pot with a fish spatula, allowed the excess water to drain. Give the egg a slight shake and check that the egg white is set. If not, cook slightly longer.
Recipe by The Homespun Journal at http://www.thehomespunjournal.com/2015/01/17/how-to-keep-hens-laying-perfect-poached-egg/